Monday, February 18, 2013

The dramatics of a 5 year old...

After tucking Hannah in tonight.. I could still hear her rustling around in her bed and she eventually called for me... I go in her room and she is clearly upset. Not to the point of tears upset... but her bottom lip is out a bit and her face was clearly perturbed about something and looked close to tears.I sit down on the edge of her bed and ask her what the problem is.

"I really don't want to go to school tomorrow mom...... My BEST FRIEND Grace moved and she is gone!"

Me: "oh really? I am so sorry sweetie" (in my head going through the names of the dozens of her friends that I actually know and trying to understand how I don't know the name of her BEST friend Grace!)

"Yeah. She moved to another COUNTRY!"

Me: "Oh really! That is so exciting. Where did she move to?"

"I cant remember the name. Something with a field....    Bakersfield!!

"Oh I am so sorry, That is very, very unfortunate."

"Mom. I am serious"

Me: "I know baby. Me too. That is very sad but think of all you other friends. Good Night."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...