Friday, September 8, 2006

Update

DSCN2762

It's been awhile since I blogged, so I thought it was time. We have had a very busy couple of months. We are getting settled into our house and trying to find spots for all our stuff. I see a big garage sale in the very near future.

We have been back and forth to San Jose a few times to visit family. It is nice to be able to do that so easily now. We found a pre school for Zach, but after a few bad incidents, I have decided he is not going back there. I found another one, but I am waiting to hear if they can take him. (they are at their limit right now with their number of kids, but one is supposed to be leaving soon). Day care is a prime here. It is close to impossible to find a good one, with room for more children.

We got Zach going with his services and man are they good here. The services we got in Oregon for him were terrible and almost non existent. Terrible even compared to what we were getting in San Jose when he was a baby. Here, he is going to have speech therapy once a week and someone will be working on his fine motor skills once a week. We are so happy about this. They are very impressed with how well he is doing for not having services for the past year. I know I shouldn't do it, but it makes me sad, and makes me think "what if". What if we would have chosen Option B, and moved here last year. How well would he be doing? How much better would his health be? Oh well, I can't take anything back, so we just need to work on getting him the best going forward.

We are loving small town living and all the things that come along with it. It is such a great community. Our next door neighbors are awesome. Both places Chris and I have lived together before here, we hated our neighbors, so it is a nice change. And it is weird, all 4 of the houses here in our little cul-da-sac, all the people moved here after living in either Oregon or Washington.

Anyway, here is a picture of Zach hitting his first pinata! He wasn't too sure about it, but liked it once he got the hang of the bat.

Hope all is well!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...