I haven't posted much lately. I haven't had anything funny, witty or inspiring to say. (I know, I know... you all are thinking that I NEVER have anything funny, witty or inspiring to say). Chris gave me the green light to let people know what is going on.. so here goes...
The last time I posted about Chris was when he had the loop recorder inserted. Last week he went and had the data "intercepted" as they call it. His cardiologist called on Friday to let us know the details. In the 3 week period since he had it placed, his heart stopped at least 85 times. For 4-5 seconds each time. Completely flat lined.
Eighty. Five. Times.
Now, count 5 seconds. One one thousand. Two one thousand. Three one thousand. Four one thousand. Five one thousand. Now imagine that whole time your heart didn't beat.
Doesn't seem possible, right? But ya, that is what is heart is doing. An average of 4 times a day. And generally it is not when he is sleeping.
His cardiologist also informed us that he needs a pacemaker and he needs it sooner than later. If he does not agree to have it done before Christmas time, he will report Chris to the DMV and have his drivers license pulled. He referred us to another cardiologist in his practice to discuss the procedure since he does not place pacemakers himself. After a long weekend of emotions and discussions we decided to wait and see what the doctor we are referred to says. We met with this doctor on Wednesday. He studied all the data and shows us the scans where you can see his heart stop. I asked him if he agrees with the time frame that Chris' cardiologist gave us which was before Christmas. He said that is being very generous and that it really should happen this week. Being that Chris is still on blood thinners it cant happen just yet. He has to be off those meds for a few days. We are waiting to hear from scheduling to set the date but it could happen as early as next Tuesday.
This is all very hard on Chris because he feels perfectly fine. Doesn't get light headed like they say he should be. The doctor that we met with this week said that isn't abnormal. A lot of people don't feel anything. Until it is too late.
I am really ready to be able to sleep well at night and not wake up in the morning and hold my breath until I hear that he is still breathing.
I will keep updating as we have information but for now, please say a prayer that he continues to feel good until the surgery can happen and that the surgery is uncomplicated.
6 comments:
Wow! I'm speechless! I will continue to pray for Chris and your entire family!!!! Please keep us posted as you know we are all here for you in any way that we can be.
Hugs!!!!
Wow! I am definitely praying for ALL of you! I pray that everything goes well with the surgery, that you all have peace about every decision you are having to make and that one day very soon neither one of you will have to worry about any of this anymore!! Please give Chris a hug for me, and keep me posted! If the surgery is gonna be down here in LA, let me know if there is anything I can do to help or if you need a place to stay!
Thanks so much ladies! Luckily, the surgery will be local so no traveling this time!!
I've said it before and I'll say it again...
Please, please let me know if there's anything I can do. Even if it's just to bring over a method-cooked dinner. :)
Jen,
My brother Jim had a pacemaker put in at 40 to regulate his heart as well. He is now 50 and doing great. It was the best thing he ever did! he could play baseball with his son, run and workout. He is on cumiden and has to watch his leafy green intake but otherwise he's doing great. This will be a good thing for Chris and will help get life back on track for you, him and the family. My Grandfather died at 51 after his 5th heart attack, we must be grateful for the advancements they have made in the medical field these days. The Dr's really do know the right thing :-) This will be the answer to your Christmas wish. Love to you all! Brenda
oh my! what can I say? I will keep you all in my prayers
Post a Comment