Thursday, August 25, 2005

Entry for August 25, 2005

cec9

As we are getting settled in here, I have noticed a few things about some people in Oregon. If I offend anyone, I apologize, these are just my observations.

Every other Honda on the road is supped up in some way. Loud exhaust, stupid looking paint jobs, or spoilers that are bigger than the car. Why is this? Do people think that doing this is going to up the value of the car? Or make them look cool? It really doesn't! It is incredibly annoying. Especially since the newspaper delivery guy in our neighborhood owns one of these horribly sounding vehicles. And at 5 am when he goes up and down our street, he doesn't just drive by and toss his papers. No! He drives down, then goes in reverse back up the street. Really annoying.

My other observation is that probably 60% of the people here have something pierced in/on their face. I thought this trend slowed down several years ago. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against originality and all, shoot, I had my piercings back in the day. But it is just everywhere. To the point that people don't seem original. I feel like we don't blend in because we don't have metal sticking out of our face somewhere.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...