Well, we finally made it. We are official Oregonian's.
Chris got here June 30 and camped out in the empty house for 10 days. I got here on July 10 after a 3 day drive (with kids and a big dog) and a hectic week dealing with movers, and sick child, and an ER visit the day before we left. At least I never really had the time to get sad over my house being sold (I had lived there since birth).
I start work back at Yahoo! on August 8. So, this week Zach started school at the YMCA Child Care center on the way to the office. It is the first time he has been away from me and it is really weird. But he is loving it. Today at school they are supposed to be doing fingerpainting and water play outside. I am a little sad I couldn't stay and watch, but I am finally getting so much done at home! I am finally starting to unpack the neverending piles of boxes around the house that Zach was not letting me get to before. It is finally starting to feel like home!
We found a pediatrician that we just love and got all that set up and transfered over. We have met some cool people with the NWDSA and went to a function a couple weeks ago in Portland. I am really looking forward to the Buddy Walk in Portland on October 1.
So far, I am enjoying Oregon a lot more than I thought I would. Everything seems to be falling it to place with such ease, which I am not used to.
Back to unpacking for me... I will be posting pictures very soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment