Thursday, July 26, 2007

Baby and Zach Updates

I had my 33 week check up yesterday and things are looking good. She is still sitting breech (she has been that way for about 10 weeks or so). It is still a little early to start talking about what we want to do but in the next couple weeks we will talk about our options, like an external version (which I am scared to death of). I am just holding out hope that she will flip around here pretty soon! She has been very active lately and even kicking for daddy (she usually hides), she has even had the hiccups 3 times in the last week (I never felt them with Zach, so it was a little exciting).

Zach is doing good. I think he is missing school and the structure and stimulation he got there. He has been acting up a lot more than normal at daycare and at home. Not listening and saying "no" a lot, and almost swatting at us when he says no, as to say go away. I guess typical 3 year old stuff right? But not normal for him. He is usually the sweetest kid, with lots of hugs to give away. At daycare he has been pushing other kids, but it sounds like they push him too, so it is just not good all around. At first he was just pushing a girl that was younger than him and we were afraid that it was because we have been telling him that he will have a baby sister soon, and they tell him that at daycare too and sometimes used this little girl as an example (it is mostly boys there)... like "see, you will have a baby girl like her at home", but it seems he is doing it with his buddies too, so I am hopeful that it isn't the thought of a sister that is causing it. Some of the boys there have older brothers and I think they pick up bad habits that way too. Luckily Cindy has the same discipline style as us, so he gets timeouts there when he acts up.

Zach has recently discovered Hip Hop Harry and loves him. I personally would rather watch Barney but Zach asks for Harry by name and dances along with the kids. We have been DVR'ing episodes so he can get his fix. I hope he grows out of it fast.

We have been working on him wearing his glasses. He has had them for 4-5 weeks now and he still isn't crazy about the idea of them. When he was in school, he would wear them great for his teacher for a good 1 1/2 - 2 hours. (he only has to wear them 2-3 hours a day). Cindy usually gets him to wear them for about 1 hour a day, but they do so much outside play that it is hard to get too much time in. He is terrible for us when we try to put them on him.

We have a fun weekend coming up, so I will post more after that.

Here is a picture of Zach in his specs.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

All 4 My Gals said...

Emery was breech and I had to have an external version. It honestly was not that bad. Be sure and ask for the doctor who does them the most often in your practice. That helps!

It sounds like Zach is hitting a typical phase. He'll outgrow it.

HUGS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...