Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Surgery Day 2

Zach is much better today. Last night about 9:30pm he started to snap out of it. He was sleeping and we had to get his last dose of eye drops in so we did his eye drops and of course he woke up. He whined since he didn't want the drops. Then he wanted to cuddle with Mama. I was holding him on the couch and I rubbed his leg and he smiled. That was the first positive sign.

I played with him a little bit and tickled his leg and he smiled and finally started saying some words. I was telling him that he had a balloon that our wonderful neighbors brought over for him and that it had Elmo on it. He wanted some juice and he drank down 2 big cups of juice/water. Then he slowly opened his eyes. After a couple minutes he sat up and wanted to hold his balloon. He was happy! It was such a huge relief.

We had to take the balloon away because he wanted to bounce it around a little too much and I was afraid he was going to hit himself in the eye.

He wanted to watch Jojo so he and I went and laid in our bed and he got to watch Jojo (what would we do without DVR??!!) After Jojo he watched an episode of Mickey Mouse too. About 11pm Zach and Daddy went and laid in Zach's bed and Zach went to sleep for the night.

This morning he was much happier and almost like his normal self. His eyes seem a little squinty, but they are open and he was happy to watch cartoons. He was trying to jump around the house, but the doctor said jumping is a big No No.

Nana is at home with him today and Mommy and Daddy are back at work.

I will post pictures tonight if I get a chance.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...