Kids will be mean. It is just the nature of the beast. Today at a birthday party, a child from daycare who Zach loves and admires was mean to him. Could have happened to any kid, any day. Extra chromosome or not. I think it just made me sad because it makes me worry even more about his future and how kids will treat him.
Here is what happened. Zach and a couple boys were in the bedroom putting pipe pieces together. Zach was down at one end trying to put 2 pipes together, but he didn't have a connector. I went back to check on them and this boy told me "I want him to leave, Zach is just messing everything up, I don't want him to play with us". I asked Zach is he wanted to come out and play in the other room and he said "No Mama, I building". So I let him stay, he wasn't hurting anything and he was being good. A few minutes later I went back and this child didn't see me, and he is standing over Zach with a pipe getting ready to hit him. He turned and saw me and I said "were you going to hit him?" and he said "yes, he won't listen to me".
Now I know.... this can happen to any child. It just made me really sad that he was not wanted. And it makes me sad to realize that he probably gets treated like that more often than I know about. At school. At daycare. How much of it does he pick up on and realize is happening?
I just wish kids, and people in general, weren't so mean.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry you saw Zach being treated that way, it just breaks my heart, I worry too, and hate that we have to. Sending a hug your way, and again I have to say I think your Zach is about the cutest thing ever!!
Post a Comment