Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A hell of a year....

Chris turned 38 yesterday! We celebrated on Sunday (since we both worked yesterday) with my first attempt at lasagna and ridiculously chocolaty chocolate cake. Surely he would not have asked for items that needed to be baked had he known we would be having a crazy heat wave and he even said several times that we could have something else for his birthday dinner but I wanted to give him what he asked for so... lasagna and cake it was! It was 106 at our house on Sunday. Yesterday there was record breaking heat and was 113 where we work!

Right around his birthday last year is when the bumps in the road of our lives started. I don't think I even had the time or energy to blog about it all but here is a quick recap...

Chris had some issues arise at work that resulted in him almost losing his job which caused a huge amount of stress and tension.

While vacationing at Disneyland, had to take Zachary to the ER with breathing problems, told he has asthma.

My grandmother went through months of health problems and weeks in the hospital and almost died. Twice.

Chris appendix almost burst and had emergency appendectomy

Papa Don passed away

Zach had a seizure

Chris had a stroke. Learn of Chris' heart condition and in the near future will be exploring the options on how to treat going forward.

Can I please get off of this roller coaster?!?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...