Friday, September 17, 2010

Proud Mom Moment

Last night we went to a picnic at Zach's school. It was nice to have time to sit and chat with his teacher and one of his aides. It warms my heart to see the relationship they have with him and experience the love they obviously feel for my boy. They are such a huge part of Zach's life and I was glad to be able to talk with them in a relaxed setting. Since I don't get to do the drop offs and pick up's because of work I rarely get a chance to talk with them face to face. Emails and notes back and forth in his backpack can only do so much.

Anyway... on to the proud moment...

His aide says to Chris and I "He is the smartest kid with Down syndrome that I have ever met. And I have worked with a lot".

Can I get an "Awwww"....Or how about a "Hell Yes!"

I could tell she was completely sincere. Like she was saying "this kid is going to do big things, no doubt about it". (For the record... that was not a direct quote from her.. that was just what her facial expressions would have said had they been able to talk)

I have always known my kid was brilliant but I also have limited experience with individuals with Down syndrome so it is hard to know where he falls in comparison. Not that you should ever compare kids but... you know what I mean?

Here is a picture of him from last night working really hard at the hula hoop.

2 comments:

ssss said...

LOVE.

Majique said...

I am totally not surprised by this, but I can imagine it must be so comforting to know that someone else, not just anyone - someone who works with kids on a daily basis - shares your opinion of how great your child is...which is truly a testament to how great you two are as parents! Being good at parenting seems like something so difficult to me right now, something with no real way to learn other than doing (I don't like that, I like school), that I'm in awe that you guys do it so well. That's awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...